- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 24 Cinema-Style Popcorners, crushed
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend together the scallions, lemon juice, parsley, mayonnaise, egg, salt, cayenne and Popcorners. Gently fold in the crabmeat. Shape into four cakes.
Put the flour on a plate. Gently set the cakes in the flour, turning to coat boat sides. Pat off excess flour.
Set a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the crabcakes and fry until golden. Carefully turn and fry the second side.
Remove to paper towels to drain briefly. Serve hot, with lemon wedges for squeezing.