- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 1 cup peanut butter, either crunchy or smooth
- ½ cup raspberry jelly or jam, or other jelly or jam of choice
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 48 Sweetly Salted Caramel Popcorners
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Lay 8 slices of bread on a clean surface. Divide the peanut butter among them and spread it. Top 4 slices of bread with jelly and spread it, too. Press the sandwiches together to make 4.
Put the beaten eggs in a shallow dish such as a pie dish.
Put the crushed Popcorners in to another shallow dish.
Put the butter and oil in a large, non-stick skillet and set it over very low heat to melt.
One at a time dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating all sides well, and then dip each sandwich into the crumbs, coating all sides thoroughly. Set the sandwiches in the buttered skillet.
Increase heat to medium and fry the sandwiches until nicely browned and crisp. Turn and fry the second side. Remove to a cutting board, let cool for about 30 seconds, slice in half and serve hot.